Nestled at the foot of the majestic Southern Drakensberg mountains, surrounded by shady trees and meandering streams . Ambleside is a truly magnificent berg experience. The property boasts an elevated position on a 10 acre estate with amazing views of both Rhino and Garden Castle. Wander down pathways and discover mountain pools and bushman caves, the Drakensberg at it's best. Safe, comfortable and restful. Peace and luxury for the whole family. Ambleside offers two self catering options, The Cottage and The Lodge. Both are very private and enjoy their own braai and entertainment areas, gardens and places to relax in.
When staying at Ambleside you can enjoy:
- A stocked trout dam for fishing, swimming and tea and scones or a sun downer under the gazebo.
- Day hikes from Ambleside including to '3 Pools' (45 mins) and bushman paintings an hours easy walk.
- Many games for chilly nights in
- Both houses serviced daily
- Washing machines in both houses
- Towels and linen provided
- Modern well equipped kitchens
- Top quality beds (everyone remarks on how well they sleep at Ambleside)
- Fireplaces in both houses
- Dstv with full bouquet packages
- Sani pass for your 4 x 4 experience to Lesotho one hour away
- Free entrance to the Drakensberg Gardens Hotel (3KM), where you can enjoy golf at resident's rates, a health spa, beauty clinic and many restaurants.
- 2 country supermarkets within 3 km
Probably the most luxurious self catering on offer in the Drakensberg. Built a few years ago with no expense spared. From the designer kitchen with integrated appliances, to the 'Out of Africa' verandah with 360 degree views, The Lodge is your most elegant accommodation possible, definitely suited to the executive needing to relax. The accommodation sleeps up to 6 people. Wooden floors in the lounge/ diningroom area, a Scandinavian fireplace, hand made linen, a sound system from the verandahs to the main bedroom and en suite, a small gym with treadmill and a complete indigenous garden are only some of the aspects that make The Lodge so special.
The accommodation offers:
- Main bedroom with king size bed, en suite bathroom with separate large shower and large jacuzzi bath.
- 2nd bedroom en suite with queen size bed.
- 3rd bedroom with 2 x single beds - separate bathroom
A thatched, picture postcard retreat, with a lovely homely feel. Refurbished recently to provide modern comforts with the berg feel. The cottage sleeps up to 10. It has a lovely lounge with cosy fireplace and comfortable furniture. Off the diningroom is an undercover verandah with a weber braai and outdoor furniture. The renovated kitchen is extremely well equipped with gas/electric stove and oven, and plenty of cupboard space
The layout of the Cottage is:
- Main bedroom with queen size bed.
- 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds.
- 3rd bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds - sleeps 4.
- 2 bathrooms.
- Separate cottage en suite with 2 single beds.
- 10 guests can be comfortably accommodated.